Sangiovese Lamb Meatballs
- 1 cup red onion
- 1 stalk celery w/ leaves
- 1 cup mushroom pieces-used Portobello mushroom stems
- 2 tbsps Noceto extra virgin olive oil
- Rosemary-chopped fine or crushed with mortar and pestle
- Bay Leaf
- 1 large Japanese Eggplant – peeled, cut in half lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1 can organic tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup NOCETO Sangiovese
Chop onion, celery & mushroom fine in food processor. In saucepan, warm NOCETO Olive Oil on low. Sauté onion, mushroom and celery on medium low until tender. Do not brown or dry.
Add seasonings, tomatoes and eggplant. Bring to a slow boil. Add wine and simmer slowly for flavors to blend – approximately 15 minutes. Add meatballs and any liquid. Simmer until meatballs are warm.
Cook your favorite pasta noodles al dente. Serve with Fresh Parmesan, Salad and your favorite NOCETO Sangiovese.